Thursday, March 5, 2009



So here's my second project! It's a bass loop. I used the boo bass in all parts of the loop. I enjoy the mellow sound of the boo bass. The loop consists of three patterns, in the first pattern i used the FPC to sort of help me establish the exact sound i was looking for. I used the boo bass in the first and 3 notes. In my second pattern i used I used the FPC #3 and used the boo bass a bit more in the second pattern, i used the boo bass in notes one three and five and then later in notes eleven thirteen and fifteen. for my third and final pattern i used the FPC #2 and only used the boo bass once in the first note. Mix all my patterns together and you have my bass loop :)

5 comments:

  1. I like the laid back tempo of it all, but it is a little too long for my taste. The drum loops fit in nicely with the base patterns. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. right from hearing the first few notes it was a good laid back feeling. but some of the bass line notes sometimes got lost behind the drums, but only barely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Overall it's good. I like the sound of the down tempo groove.It sounds like you used the piano entry tool in the step sequencer and not the piano roll as all of the bass notes rang out. If you'd like to make some of them short (and I think you could improve the sound of your loop if you did) use the piano roll tool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The base sounds is mellow and laid-back. But I feel I miss a lot of its potential behind the louder drum parts. Also changing up the bass line a little might add to the loop. I liked the over all calming sounds but I had some trouble trying to differ between the loops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm i really like this one :) as a bass player this is definitely something id love to play over and over again :D. I like the way it opens, the drum loop in the back goes very very nicely with the bass line. I even like the amount of notes in it, you didnt use too many or too little to make it to busy so i like that too :).

    Great job :)

    ReplyDelete